Big Way Games is proud to announce Beta Access is now available for Steam Hammer, its hardcore sandbox-style RPG set in a dark and mysterious steampunk world.
An ambitious title also featuring survival elements, Steam Hammer is the product of two years of development time and a successful Kickstarter campaign.
Key features of Steam Hammer include:
• Open Class System – combine or switch skills between engineer, scientist, farmer, gunsmith, stormtrooper, sharpshooter and many more
• Victorian Steampunk Setting – wondrous mechanisms, machinery, weapons, armor and clothing all await
• Forge Weapons and Armor, Build Houses, Factories and Towers – use what you find to craft over 40 types of weapons and armor, or over 30 types of building and fortifications
• Action-Combat System – battle enemies without the aid of a targeting system, relying on skill to emerge the victor
• Fight on Land and in the Air – engage your foes, be they wild animals or other players, on the ground, or grab your steam jetpack and take to the skies to hijack an airship
• …Or Build Your Own – create your own fleet of customized airships and show your rivals who’s boss, assaulting otherwise impregnable fortresses from above
• Terraform the World – construct mines, tunnels, ditches, mounds – whatever you need to survive
The game begins by creating your character using extensive customization options and deciding upon appearance, crafting abilities and combat skills. From there, players venture into a world free from rules and restrictions, with no pre-defined roles and imposed goals.
This is the world you want it to be.
The post Victorian Steampunk RPG Steam Hammer Gets Early Access appeared first on Game Industry News.